Nanolex Si3D Matte coating
Nanolex Si3D Matte is an advanced silica-based coating formulated specifically to protect matt paint finishes and matt vinyl wraps without adding any gloss or otherwise altering their appearance. Developed in Germany, it uses the latest in low volatile content silicon (Si) technology to lay down a film of hybrid siloxane polymers and proprietary thermoplastic components that condenses rapidly to form a flexible matrix-like coating that bonds to treated surfaces at the molecular level. As a result, it provides excellent protection against bird droppings, bug splatter, brake dust, road salt and harmful UV radiation from the sun for up to two years at a time, even on daily drivers (it is impervious to cleaning chemicals and pressure washing).
However, the benefits imparted by Nanolex Si3D Matte do not end with outstanding levels of protection and durability. Perhaps equally as importantly, treated surfaces become slicker feeling and more hydrophobic. This latter characteristic not only results in impressive beading upon contact with water, but also produces a strong self-cleaning effect (rainfall beads up and rolls off of treated surfaces, taking freshly deposited contaminants with it, akin to the Lotus Effect in nature). This results in treated bodywork staying appreciably cleaner for longer between routine washes, particularly in the winter.
Available sizes: 30 and 50 ml.
- Doesn't Enhances gloss
- Adds protection
- Emits strong fumes
- Application method: By hand only
- Slickness: 4/5
- Beading: 5/5
- Durability: 18 months +
- Recommended for All matte finishes
How To Use
Nanolex Si3D Matte should be applied in a warm, dry, well-ventilated space out of direct sunlight. For your comfort and protection, we recommend wearing PB Nitrile Gloves during the application process. In all cases, prepare the matt surfaces you are going to treat in the normal way (wash > decontaminate), and then do a wipe down with Nanolex EX to ensure that they are spotlessly clean. Next, using a Nanolex Si3D Applicator Towel wrapped around a Nanolex Si3D Applicator Block, spread a thick layer of Nanolex Si3D Matte on to the first 18" x 18" section of bodywork, using light pressure and overlapping strokes. Then, continue spreading the product in a criss-cross fashion until it completely disappears. Next, finish the levelling process by buffing the treated section with a Nanolex Microfiber Buffing Towel. Finally, using a bright light, check the section carefully for any smears and remove them before moving on; failure to remove smears fully can result in them hardening to the point of being impossible to remove, so make sure you are thorough!
After all of the bodywork is treated the car must then be left in a warm, dry place out of direct sunlight for a minimum of 12 hours to allow the coating to harden (if you wish, you can accelerate this process by heating the treated panels to 60°C for 10 minutes using an infra-red heat lamp). Note that in order for the coating to harden properly it must remain completely dry during this period, and you should also avoid washing the car with any kind of detergent for the first 3 days afterwards. Please note that you must discard all used applicator towels and buffing towels after each application, because Nanolex Si3D Matte hardens massively as it cures, forming a residue that has the potential to inflict severe marring or worse if applicators and towels are re-used. Please also note that the quoted shelf life of Nanolex Si3D Matte is between 3-6 weeks once the bottle is opened, although this can be extended to 2-3 months if it is stored in a refrigerator.
Temperature: apply between 5-30°C, avoid direct sunlight or high humidity
- Apply directly to all clear-coated surfaces. The surface must be dry and free of any contamination or dust. Use Nanolex Ex before application to remove all oils/fillers and dust. Frequently change microfiber cloths.
- Shake well before use. Apply 5-10 drops on an applicatar pad. Work in well in criss-cross patern with light to no pressure. Make multiple passes to ensure spreading the product well.Remove immediately using new microfiber cloths, do not wait more than 3 minutes before removing!
- Keep the surface dry for at least 12 hours at ambient temperature. Do not wash the car within 72hours.
- Curing can be speed up using infrared heaters. Using the heater immediately after applying can increase hydrophobic result dramatically!
* When not removing oils/fillers using EX nor degreasing correctly the coating can turn grey or haze after application of Si3D. Using PreWash kan remove most of the contamination too
Nanolex - išbandyta ir pagaminta Vokietijoje
You might also like